One of the wildest and most unspoilt parts of Greece is the Peloponnese peninsula, but it is about to become known to a far wider audience with the release in June of the much-anticipated ‘Before Midnight’, the third in the cult film trilogy starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. Filming took place in the southern [...]
You can’t miss the grand edifices erected by the Knights of St John when you visit Rhodes. But who were these knights, and what were they doing in this beautiful Greek island? You might ask yourself similar questions about Crete, with its rich history of the long-lost Minoan civilization. Or Malta, with its prehistoric and [...]
Anyone who thinks that the National Trust is more about politics than preservation will have to think again this weekend. Proving that it can walk the walk as well as talk the talk, National Trust Wales has reduced its energy use by an amazing 40 per cent in two years, earning it a top environmental [...]
Cruising enthusiasts are always looking for new places to visit, and the big cruise companies keep hunting – with ever increasing desperation, it sometimes seems – for new cruising grounds. Innovative cruises get snapped up almost as soon as they go on sale, so this website is especially pleased to publicise a very bright idea [...]
Regular readers will already know about this website’s admiration for Hurtigruten, whose tough little cargo-cum-passenger ships ply the Norwegian coast on a daily basis whatever the weather. We have been especially loud in our applause as Hurtigruten (www.hurtigruten.co.uk) has expanded its programme to offer worldwide adventure cruises. But it almost back to basics this summer, [...]
As winter finally says goodbye, Scotland’s grandeur and beauty come into their own. And one of the best ways of seeing them up close is on a cruise with the Majestic Line (www.themajesticline.co.uk), whose luxurious converted trawlers are small enough to get into bays and sea lochs that are seldom explored. This year the Argyll [...]
P&O have hit a high note by booking glamorous Welsh soprano Katherine Jenkins to appear on stage during two short-break cruises on their adults-only ship Oriana next autumn. Demand for these cruises has exceeded all expectations, and P&O Cruises are already advising anyone interested to snap up their cabin right now, while there are still [...]
What in the world is happening to world cruises? A round-the-world trip is the ultimate dream holiday for many people; for Britons, it is also an excellent way of escaping the worst of the winter. Step aboard your cruise ship in Southampton in early January, head rapidly for sunnier climes, and return some time in [...]
A long weekend in Guernsey reminded this website of the campaign to create a cruise terminal on the island. More than 60 cruise ships are scheduled to call there this year, but in every case passengers will have to be ferried ashore in their ship’s lifeboats. What’s more, if the weather is inclement – as [...]
If you happen to feel peckish of a Sunday, the place to be is the Reigate Manor Hotel. Not only is their £17.50 Sunday Carvery lunch something of a bargain, but it comes complete with an apparently endless array of eat-all-you-like starters on the help-yourself buffet, and – after the main course – a choice [...]
About The Author
If you want an expert view of travel, or the travel industry, then why not ask award-winning writer Robin Mead? He became a full-time travel writer 40 years ago, after working as a journalist and editorial executive on several of London's Fleet Street newspapers, and is now a recognised authority on all aspects of travel.
- Cruise views: Caribbean choice July 31, 2012
- Welsh beach is in Europe’s Top 3 February 22, 2013
- Cruise views: Relieving you of your cash August 19, 2012
- Cruise views: Cunard sets new dress code March 21, 2013
- Cruise views: Passengers or prisoners? January 2, 2013
- Cult film will set holiday trend May 21, 2013
- Digging out some holiday history May 20, 2013
- Trust won’t take energy on trust May 18, 2013
- Cruise views: A touch of Eastern promise May 15, 2013
- Cruise views: Eleven anniversary treats May 13, 2013
- Scott: Im not sure the regular Cunard passengers would op...
- David Steer: A very worthy winner! Rhosili is a magical place. ...
- Rob: Agree completely. It was the airlines that starte...
- The seo competitive analysis from Ms4sM gives you a report to get better your website optimization and archive a better result if someone is looking for your business or product.: I just like the helpful information you provide fo...
- cheap proxy: I have fun with, result in I discovered exactly wh...